National Sales Manager
Remote Southern California Based
Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Sales / Retail / Business Development
Industry: Consumer Products and Services / Food Products & Services
Date Posted: 06/01/2022
Are you passionate about the Produce Industry and looking to join a growing company? Our client, a leader and grower of sustainable hydroponically grown fresh produce, is searching for a National Sales Manager.
This rapidly growing specialty produce company is seeking an experienced CPG/Grocery Business Development and Sales Executive to handle account management and business development for the U.S. This is a remote position preferably based in the Southern California area.
The National Sales Manager is responsible for retaining and cultivating relationships to achieve agreed upon Revenue and Profit Goals for the company. The position has the opportunity to serve as an important leader on the management team, develop and introduce new products, implement sales strategies, manage sales budgets, as well as, oversee and develop the sales department. The National Sales Manager must collaborate with all Team members, especially the Marketing and Production Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development operations, including market competitiveness, pricing, distribution, and channel strategy
- Drive company achievement of customer acquisition, retention, revenue and gross profit goals
- Develop annual sales strategic business plans to drive revenue and increase market share, in collaboration with Marketing Manager in shared vision and goals
- Create a culture with a high sense of urgency
- Provide expertise to the Company by building, developing, and managing sales teams capable of carrying out strategies and tactics
- Develop and implement sales cycle and promotional schedules; develop seasonal program to utilize all capacity
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding their sales and profitability
- Serve as the internal and external evangelist for all solutions, working with the sales team, production team, and key customers to find solution to problems
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting communications
- Develop and execute a go-to-market strategy
- Leverage customer insights to identify business opportunities
- Oversee Broker teams and product field installation teams
- Monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions, report Quarterly
- Travel for in-person meetings, events and key partners to develop long term relationships
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required, MBA highly preferred
- 8+ years of sales management experience
- Must have 5+ years CPG/Grocery in the perishable sector
- Experience managing brokers, as well as, sales teams
- Demonstrated strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong planning and analysis skills to perform quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of Vertical Farming that utilizes greenhouse controlled technology
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and passion for managing projects to conclusion on time
- Computer skills-proficient in Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, database and forecasting tools
- Familiar with CRM Systems and use
- Team Leadership-effective at building team success, as well as, individual success, adept at creating a shared vision
- Ability to work collaboratively to create results driven, team-oriented environment
- Up to 40% travel required
*** All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!
Director of Sales-FoodserviceRemote Northeastern U.S.
Are you looking to join a leader in the Foodservice Industry that values quality, product development, the environment, and the importance of a positive culture and work environment? Our client, a leader in the canned food sector, is currently searchin...Date Posted: 05/13/2022 Recommended
National Sales Manager- Food ServiceRemote Mid-West U.S.
Join a growing global leader in the Cheese sector of the Dairy Industry! Our client is seeking a National Sales Manager, Food Service. The National Sales Manger is responsible for growing sales volumes and related profitability in the USA region. This ...Date Posted: 05/27/2022 Recommended
Regional Sales Manager-Southwestern U.S.Remote Greater Southwest Region of U.S.
Remote Rocky Mountain Region-U.S.
Take the leap into an exciting new role in the Food and Beverage, Paper & Disposables space. Our client, a leader in Foodservice Disposables, is currently looking for a Regional Sales Manager in the Southwest and Rocky Mountain region of the U.S. The R...Date Posted: 07/19/2022 Recommended
Grower/Food Safety Specialist-Hydroponic Farming IndustryGreater Coachella Valley, CA
Are you experienced with High Tech Greenhouse growing? Is your expertise in Hydroponic Produce growing? Our client, a rapidly growing leader and grower in the Specialty Produce Industry, is looking for an experienced Grower/Food Safety Specialist in th...Date Posted: 04/05/2022 Recommended